Freedom is depositing a cheque with Deposit Anywhere™
Free Yourself. Deposit a cheque just by taking a photo of it with the mobile banking app.
For us, freedom is ensuring you have more time to enjoy life's moments. What those moments are, and what freedom represents for you, is as unique as you are.
Imagine getting ready to paddle off on a lakeside adventure and you realize you didn't deposit the cheque on your way through town. That's the kind of convenience offered by Deposit Anywhere, a special feature available with our mobile banking app.
Not yet signed up for mobile banking? Download the mobile banking app simply by visiting hamiltonsound.CUapp.ca using your mobile device and get set up in minutes. Don't miss out on discovering what freedom is for you.
How Deposit Anywhere works:
- Log in to the mobile banking app
- Select Deposit from the Welcome Menu screen
- Click the Get Started button
- Enter your deposit details (account and cheque amount)
- Take a photo of the front and back of the cheque
- Select Submit
- Confirm the details to deposit the cheque
What do I need?
- A credit union account
- Oline banking access
- A mobile device iOS (iPhone, iPod or iPad) or Android™
- Your credit union mobile banking app
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Deposit Anywhere secure?
Yes, Deposit Anywhere has security features that ensure that deposits are safe and private. These features include:
- Duplicate detection to help make sure the same cheque isn't deposited twice.
- Handwriting recognition to help detect errors between the amount entered by the member during the deposit and the amount on the cheque.
- The same level of security as the mobile banking app.
What should I do with my cheque once I've deposited it?
- Write the date and "Deposited" on your cheque. The cheque should be retained for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of 120 days.
When will I have access to the deposited funds?
- The amount will show up as a deposit to your credit union account immediately. Access to funds will be the same as if the deposit was made at an ATM.